We are very excited to announce the first in a series of free live webinars, this Saturday, July 25, at 7:00 pm eastern standard time.
JOIN US FOR THIS HIGHLY ENGAGING LIVE WEBINAR AND DISCUSSION SURROUNDING THE GLOBAL STATE OF THE ORGANIC FOOD AND SUPPLEMENT INDUSTRY!
*This webinar is for the general public as well as members of the organic and natural food and supplement industries.
You can watch a recording of it here.
Here is what we will be discussing:
- How the US food industry has changed and what lessons can be learned from this:
***Josh Boughton - Co-founder of Rooted Nutrition (NY) will share his experience in the US natural food and health industry and what we, as consumers, need to be aware of, and what simple steps we can take to make positive changes to our food supply and win back control from mega-corporations.
- The issues surrounding "organic and natural" food and supplements from China:
As the world has looked for cheap and easy organics, the Chinese government, in partnership with Chinese companies, has leaped at the chance to fill the growing demand for organic and natural foods and supplements...but at what costs? We explore the ethical and sustainability issues that come from China becoming a larger and larger supplier.
- When demand and profit come ahead of sustainability - examples from Peru:
We share the story of the demand for superfoods from Peru, the infiltration and control of the industry by the Chinese mafia such as the Red Dragon, how the food industry can be hijacked and controlled by money in developing countries, and what this means for the indigenous owners of these sacred plants.
- Big companies that control the food and supplement industries revealed:
- An insider's guide to how big businesses control the supplement industry and who owns what, how they protect their own interests, and the corporate models that support them.
- Amazon, Google, Facebook, etc. - are we heading in the right direction?
- The online retail model, how it works, and who it works for.
- Why some platforms are so successful, who they assist, and what it means for you and me as businesses and consumers.
- The future and what we as businesses or consumers need to know to keep control of our food industry:
- Given the grim realities of where our industry is heading, we review what small businesses can do to compete for both in-store and online sales.
- How we can prevent corporate monopolies and ensure integrity, quality, sustainability, and variety are part of the future model and how we can take back ownership of our food and protect our health and wellbeing.
Josh Boughton (New York - US):
Josh is the co-founder of Rooted Nutrition, a Master Herbalist, and a consultant to the dietary supplement industry with over twenty years of experience.
Josh has trained with Native American herbalists, medicine men in Mexico, and shamans in Ecuador. His time spent among these amazing people has taught him the power of natural medicine and how it could be used to help make the world a better place.
He has spent time working in every part of the natural products industry, from health food stores and integrative pharmacies to consulting with mom-and-pop supplement stores on how to remain competitive in this new era of retail and helping small and large supplement companies create products, source raw materials, manage quality control, and navigate government and regulatory compliance issues.
Over the past twenty years, he learned and saw firsthand how many issues the industry has with corruption, poor quality products, unethical sourcing, adulteration of raw materials, careless manufacturing, and above all, an attitude that profits matter more than people.
Josh is working tirelessly with individuals, companies, and stores around the world who share his vision of a more ethical and sustainable future for the people and the planet.
Dr. Corin Storkey (Wellington - New Zealand):
Co-founder of Seleno Health and The Maca Experts - specialized natural health companies with a sustainably sourced and scientifically researched product focus. Corin is a health educator with over 15 years of academic and research experience, specializing in medicinal antioxidant chemistry, oxidative diseases, cellular protection, and health. He holds a Ph.D. in medicinal chemistry from the University of Melbourne, Australia, and the Heart Research Institute – Sydney, Australia.
He has previously struggled with and overcame chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) using natural health. His research now focuses on linking science to traditional uses of Peruvian maca for chronic stress and mental health. He focuses on promoting integrative and holistic health with a mission to bring more science towards substantiating ancient plant medicines.
You can listen to a recording of it here.